Feeling called to explore womb healing—but wondering what on earth it actually involves?
You’re exactly where I was 5 years ago.
When I first heard the term ‘womb healing’, I was intrigued. I wanted to know everything I could about it. Some deep part of me (probably my womb!) was sayin’, “hey, I wanna try this”.
But it was all so… *confusing*.
There didn’t seem to be one set definition of what a womb healing session would actually look like or how it would help me.
So, dear goddess, here’s a breakdown of everything I wish I knew about womb healing to help you figure out whether it’s the right fit for you.
Womb healing can involve all kinds of cool tools
Like most healing modalities, every practitioner has their own unique approach to womb healing.
As a women’s health yoga therapist, my personal approach is about using the tools of breathwork, energy healing, meditation, mindfulness, therapeutic listening, womb massage, gentle womb-focused yoga, and yoga nidra (yogic sleep) to clear stress, encourage rest, and experience a ‘womb awakening’.
Other practitioners—such as shamanic healers, Reiki healers, or women’s health physiotherapists—will use a different combination of techniques to help you move towards your personal womb health goals.
There’s no “right” or “wrong” approach here.
The most important thing is to find a practitioner whose approach feels right for you.
(A sneaky trick I use to know whether something ‘feels right’ is to close my eyes and sense into my womb space. I ask her what she thinks about the decision I’m about to make—then I feel for a sense of contraction or expansion. Contraction = no, don’t do it. Expansion = yes, go for it!)
Before you book your first session, ask yourself:
- What’s the practitioner’s personal approach and outlook on this work? What healing tools do they use? Does this match my own approach to healing?
- Are they actually qualified to teach and share this work? Is there any evidence of this?
- Do they have experience with the issues I’m struggling with (such as endometriosis, PCOS, fertility, pregnancy, menopause)? If not, am I able to contact them to find out?
- What kind of aftercare work and/or follow-up do they offer?
It can support your well-being on every level—not just your womb health
Although there’s no way to guarantee results, womb healing can be incredibly beneficial for all kinds of mind-body-spirit issues as well as your overall womb health.
Womb healing is also suitable for those without a physical womb since your practitioner will work with the *energetic* womb space (your sacral chakra) to help your life force energy (prana) move more freely through your body.
A session with me, for example, can support you with:
- Menstrual health issues such as irregular periods, painful cramps, heavy bleeding, and PMS
- Womb health issues such as endometriosis, PCOS, and chronic UTIs
- Enhancing fertility when trying (or preparing) to conceive
- Reclaiming sexuality and pleasure—at any stage of your life
- Unleashing creativity, dealing with your ‘inner critic’, and allowing your creative work to be seen in the world
- Preparing for birth, relieving discomfort during pregnancy, and bonding with your baby in the womb
- Postpartum healing, including anxiety, pelvic issues, and birth trauma
- Emotional healing from pregnancy loss, stillbirth, and abortion
- Managing the symptoms of menopause, including anger, exhaustion, insomnia, erratic periods, and hot flushes
- Clearing energetic imprints of past relationships, lovers, emotions, and trauma—including ancestral trauma
Like all healing work, growth isn’t linear. It can take time to integrate your experience (and there’s no such thing as a ‘quick fix’, no matter what anyone tells you!).
That’s not to say you won’t leave a womb healing session feeling absolutely *amazing*—most of my clients leave saying they feel the most calm, relaxed, and nourished they’ve ever felt!
You’ll receive the exact healing you need (and it’ll be different every time)
Every session you have—even if it’s with the same practitioner—will be totally unique!
That’s because you and your womb are also totally unique. Your experience changes from day to day thanks to your moods, hormones, and menstrual cycle.
It’s important to release expectations and let go of any preconceived ideas about what your womb healing session ‘should’ look like. *Especially* if you’ve experienced one before.
(This is hard, I know! But relaxing into it without worrying about the outcome helps you stay super present and get the most out of each session.)
Every nurturing journey you take into the world of the womb will be influenced by the issues you’re currently working through and any energetic blocks you might be struggling with.
So remember to relax and enjoy the ultimate self-care experience!
🔻Ready to book your womb healing session? Book it now.
🔻Want to chat about whether womb healing is right for you? Let’s chat.
🔻Got a question about this stuff? Email me!