Want to bring more creativity, playfulness, and sensuality into your life? Unleash your full feminine potential with this healing sacral chakra meditation.
Do you feel disconnected from your feminine energy?
When our sacral chakra – the energy centre located above the pubic bone and below the navel – is balanced, we feel creative, playful, sensual, and totally alive.
When it’s out of balance, we might feel low in mood or even emotionally unstable.
Humans are creative by nature, but we often suppress this as we allow logic and practicality to rule.
Connecting to our sacral chakra allows us to (re)awaken the innate power packed inside our womb space.
Healing the sacral chakra
The sacral chakra is primarily associated with creativity – birthing both humans and projects into the world.
If we’re primarily running on masculine and action-driven solar energy, we occasionally need to slow down and reconnect to our feminine and emotional lunar energy.
To heal our sacral chakra, we need to be open to play, relaxation, and creativity in our daily life.
We can also:
- Chant (the mantra of the sacral chakra is VAM)
- Try colour therapy (the colour associated with the sacral chakra is orange)
- Use crystals (the crystals associated with are amber, carnelian, and hermatite)
When I focus on healing my sacral chakra, I like to wear an orange vest, and meditate using the technique below whilst holding a carnelian crystal.
Sacral chakra healing meditation practice
If you haven’t meditated before, check out The Ultimate Guide To Meditation For Beginners to get started.
In this practice, we’ll be connecting to our sacral chakra, which represents our creative, playful, sexual energy.
This meditation helps us to feel more creative, which in turn helps us to bring more passion and joy into our life.
This practice is perfect for when we’re feeling stuck, low, or way too “in our heads”. It helps us get out of our heads and into our bodies; to feel our way back into our femininity.
Here’s how to do it
Download the guided version of this meditation from my meditation library.
1. Sit in a comfortable position, set a timer for 5 minutes (or longer, if you like), and close your eyes or lower your gaze.
2. Start to focus on your breath. Notice if there’s any drive, action, or movement present. Consciously set the intention to let this go.
3. Place your hand above your pubic bone and below your navel, slightly away from your body. Connect to this energy centre by moving your hand in a clockwise motion seven times, then make a gesture to remove all that’s blocking you, as if you’re throwing bad energy in the trash. Repeat three times.
4. Visualise a ball of orange light, in front of your sacral chakra. Imagine it entering your body at the pelvis, and gently filling your body with joy, creativity, and opennness.
5. Affirm, “I create. I allow. I am free”. Continue to affirm and feel the glowing orange light pulsing through your body, until your practice ends.
Bonus tip: repeat the affirmation throughout your day, especially when you feel reluctant to take a break from working.