Want a quick confidence boost? Instantly connect to your personal power source with this healing solar plexus chakra meditation.
Want to feel more confident?
When our solar plexus chakra – located close to the breast bone – is balanced, we feel strong, confident, and powerful.
When it’s not, we might suffer from low self-esteem, or struggle to make decisions.
Our solar plexus chakra is our source of personal power.
Opening up this chakra is absolutely vital for boosting our self-confidence.
Healing the solar plexus chakra
The solar plexus chakra is associated with the element of fire, and taking confident, purposeful, intentional action.
When we have a big decision to make, we’ll feel a clear yes or no signal in our solar plexus.
Every time we align with our authentic self, we strengthen our solar plexus chakra.
We can also:
- Chant (the mantra associated with the solar plexus chakra is RAM)
- Try colour therapy (the colour associated with the solar plexus chakra is yellow)
- Use crystals (the crystals associated with the solar plexus chakra are tiger’s eye, golden yellow labradorite, yellow topaz)
When I focus on healing my solar plexus chakra, I like to eat yellow foods (like sweetcorn and parsnips). I also meditate using the technique below, whilst holding a tiger’s eye crystal.
Solar plexus chakra meditation practice
If you haven’t meditated before, check out The Ultimate Guide To Meditation For Beginners to get started.
In this practice, we’ll be connecting to our solar plexus chakra, boosting our confidence, and releasing insecurities.
This meditation helps us notice whether we’re holding ourselves back, and feel more self-confident.
This practice is perfect for when we’re feeling like we’re not good enough.
Here’s how to do it
Download the guided version of this meditation from my meditation library.
1. Sit in a comfortable position, set a timer for 5 minutes (or longer, if you like), and close your eyes or lower your gaze.
2. Start to focus on your breath. Notice if there’s any negativity or insecurity present. Consciously set the intention to let this go.
3. Place your hand between your navel and breastbone, slightly away from your body. Connect to this energy centre by moving your hand in a clockwise motion seven times, then make a gesture to remove all that’s blocking you, as if you’re throwing bad energy in the trash. Repeat three times.
4. Visualise a ball of yellow light, in front of your solar plexus chakra. Imagine it entering your body at the breastbone, and gently filling your body with confidence, power, and strength.
5. Affirm, “I am powerful. I am confident. I am strong”. Continue to affirm and feel the glowing yellow light pulsing through your body, until your practice ends.
Bonus tip: repeat the affirmation throughout your day, especially when you feel self-doubt creeping in.