Ready to call in your desires and bring your dreams into fruition? This new moon intention-setting ritual will help you amplify your manifesting power.
I am so dang ready for a fresh start.
Lately I’ve been feeling all stale and stressy – making the classic mistake of focusing way too much on what I don’t want, instead of on what I do want.
Major manifesting error #1.
What we think about we bring about; so whilst I’ve been stewing in my own misery, I’ve actually been calling in more misery.
Luckily, I’m ready to release it.
And what I adore about cyclical living (i.e. living in tune with the moon, and with my body’s cycle) is the chance to start fresh, every single month.
New moon intention- setting
The new moon is energetically similar to the “winter” phase of our menstrual cycle; when we’re at pretty low energy, and turned totally inwards.
It’s the perfect time to tap into our “bigger picture”, and give ourselves permission to ask for what we want.
The new moon serves as my personal monthly reminder to get clear on my vision for the next lunar cycle.
If you’re ready to claim your desires and manifest your dreams, I invite you to perform this new moon ritual for yourself.
Nothin’ fancy. All you need is a fresh Word doc or a journal.
Let’s get to work.
Optional: create a sacred space for yourself to do this ritual. Light a candle, burn sage or incense, and meditate to settle your mind.
1. Claim your desires
Time to tell the universe what you want in clear, vivid, detail.
Write up to 5 desires you’d love to manifest in your life before the next new moon.
For example, during the most recent new moon in Libra, I asked for:
- A new work opportunity that’s aligned with my values
- My upcoming house move to go smoothly
- One new female friend to add to my friendship circle
- The ability to do a headstand for 1 full minute without a wall
- The launch of my upcoming program to be successful
Once I connected to these desires, I got super clear on the details (e.g. how much I would earn with the new work opportunity, and what would classify my launch as “successful”).
The universe likes details.
Make sure you supply ’em.
2. Create your vision
Imagine your desires have actually happened (yay!).
Now it’s time to create your vision of what life looks like once this is your new reality.
There are a few different ways you can do this, but my personal favourites include:
- Running through your 5 desires, and writing down how you’ll feel when they’re true
- Meditating on your vision, imagining it in as much detail as possible
- Drawing a representation of each desire on paper
This helps make it real.
Creating the vision is half the battle; once we see it in our mind’s eye as an actual possibility, the only thing left to do is to get out of our own way.
3. Set your intentions
Reflect on the actions you can take to bring your vision into fruition.
After all, manifesting = vision + action!
It’s not enough for us to simply hope our vision will manifest. We also have to set the intention to take action, and actively seek out new opportunties.
For each desire:
- Write down at least 1 action you intend to take to make this happen
- Create a positive affirmation that makes you feel good
For example, one of my desires was for my house move to “go smoothly”.
The intention I set was to organise the details of the move in advance, by contacting my new landlord.
My affirmation was “I’m so happy in my new house, and I feel incredibly calm and relaxed about this change”.
Once you have yours, keep them top of mind.
Oh, and schedule the action into your calendar ASAP (then there’s no excuse!).
4. Step into your power
The final step – and the lifelong work – is to know you deserve what you desire.
As you move through this process, ask yourself, “do I feel worthy of what I desire?” – and listen closely to the answer.
Worthiness is such a huge block to our manifesting power.
If we don’t feel worthy, we’ve got a little work to do.
My favourite ways to work on building my own worthiness are:
- Practicing daily self-care (i.e. “me time”, ‘cos I’m worth it)
- Saying no to anything that doesn’t feel good or align with my values
- Prioritising my own needs above the needs of others
- Asking for what I want – without hedging or apologising
- Doing the inner work (meditating, journaling, attending personal development workshops and reading books)
Don’t get me wrong, this takes time.
But the truth is, we are powerful beyond measure.
The only reason you and I aren’t where we want to be is because we’re standing in our own way.
Let’s try to stop doing that.
And instead, let’s step into our full power.
Imagine how good that would feel.