Use this meditation to get your morning off to a great start, shake off any sleepiness, and prepare yourself for the day ahead. In this practice, we embody strength, groundedness and resilience, so we can feel totally unstoppable.
Why morning meditation is so blissful
There’s no better way to start your day than with a good ol’ bit of meditation. Instead of immediately reaching for your phone – and bombarding your brain with tons of info – take 10 minutes to ease yourself into the day.
The way we start our day really sets the tone. If we wake up and immediately start doing, it’s likely we won’t stop doing until the end of the day.
How would it feel to begin your day with a bit of self-care? To take time out to cultivate enough energy to go into your day feeling strong, resilient, ready to take on anything?
This short 10-minute practice is fantastic for shaking off sleepiness and setting you up for a busy day ahead by embodying the strength, groundedness and resilience of a mountain.
RISE: 10 minute morning meditation practice
If you haven’t meditated before, check out The Ultimate Guide To Meditation For Beginners to get started.
In this practice, we’ll be visualising – and embodying – a mountain. Why a mountain, you ask? Think of how strong, steady, and unshakeable mountains are. No matter what life throws at them, they adapt to the changes and carry the hell on.
We’re borrowing this sense of strength and resilience when we sit and imagine ourselves as the mountain itself. Then we can go into our day feeling totally unstoppable (and badass).
Here’s how do it
Download your free guided version of this meditation from my resource library.
1. Take a seat, set a timer (for 10 minutes, or longer if it feels right), make sure your legs and/or feet are connected to the ground, and gently close your eyes.
2. Connect to the sensations of breathing. Feel the rising and falling of your chest, noticing how your body is breathing itself. Then, gradually expand your awareness to gain a sense of how your entire body is feeling.
3. Bring to mind a mountain, one that you know or have seen somewhere, or even one that you imagine. Allow the mountain to take shape in your mind’s eye – picture the details of its peak or plateau, and visualise the features of its slopes (the trees, rock, or snow). Your mountain can be whatever you want it to be.
4. Imagine bringing the mountain into your body; your head becomes the peak, your shoulders become the slopes, your lower body connects you to the earth. Sit as the mountain does – grounded and sturdy, yet with its peak rising high into the sky.
5. Now, become aware of the life of the mountain. Imagine the passing seasons, the wind, the rain, the snow, and the sunshine, all arising then passing by. Through it all, the mountain remains. It might get weathered and adapt, but it’s still there. It just sits.
Over to you – what else do you do to get your morning off to a great start?
Access your FREE guided meditations now
Subscribe to my newsletter & get unlimited access to my entire meditation library!