Use this meditation to discover your true calling in life, and repeat it whenever you feel the urge to pause, reflect, and listen to your inner wisdom.
Why are we here?
How can you find your calling? Ah, life’s greatest mystery. The whopper of all questions. Discovering our calling (or our mission/purpose/raison d’être) is a huge part of the human experience; we spend most of our lives seeking this particular truth, and we’re pretty desperate to know the answer.
We all want to know why we’re here on the planet, in the hopes of finding a sense of deeper meaning and purpose in our lives.
It’s so painful to know there’s something great inside of us that we could (and should) be giving or expressing in the world, but we just can’t figure it out.
Luckily, we don’t need to – the answer lies within. We already know what we’re here to do. Our inner wisdom holds the answer, and all we need to do is learn how to tune in and listen.
Find your calling to create a beautiful life
Tapping into your calling is amazing for many reasons – including the fact that it suddenly makes decision making so darn easy. When you’re aligned with your calling, you can base your decisions for each opportunity on whether the outcome will serve to propel this forward (sign me up, babyyy), or whether it won’t (keep walkin’, sunshine).
For example, I see my calling in life as to learn what I can about human happiness, and to teach what I learn to others. This massively takes the pressure off – my only job in this world is to learn, and to teach. Therefore, if I’m learning or teaching, I’m doing my job 😁
I also see it as part of my mission to embody what I teach; so if I’m banging on about how great it is to socialise more consciously and talking about what I’ve learned going sober, you better believe I won’t be out getting drunk as a skunk that Saturday night.
We also have to remember take action once we have an inkling or “intuitive nudge” about what our calling might be. We can only ever know if something is right for us by trying it out – if you get this feeling, start by making one small step in that direction, and see how it feels.
TRUTH: 10 minute meditation practice to find your calling
If you haven’t meditated before, check out The Ultimate Guide To Meditation For Beginners to get started.
In this practice, we’ll be reflecting on our life and asking ourselves questions in order to discover our true calling. We’ll aim to go into this practice without any specific expectations, other than to listen to the response we get from our inner wisdom.
Your answers to the questions might change during the meditation, and they may change over time as you repeat this practice. The key is to keep listening to what comes up, and allowing yourself to use what you’ve learnt to correct course and create a life that’s true to your authentic self.
Here’s how to do it
Download your free guided version of this meditation from my resource library.
1. Take a seat, set a timer (for 10 minutes, or longer if it feels right), and gently close your eyes.
2. Settle in and connect to your current experience. Notice your breathing, relax your shoulders and jaw, and observe how your body’s feeling in this moment.
3. Ask yourself, “how does it feel to be my true self?”. Allow space for whatever response may come up. You can imagine you’re dropping a pebble into a well, and watching the ripples of the water, accepting whatever form they take.
4. Repeat the process with the following questions: “When do I feel most true to myself? How does it feel not to be true to myself? When do I l feel least true to myself? What am I really here to do?”.
5. Observe the answers as they float around your mind. Notice how your body feels as a result of asking these questions, and if you can feel your intuition pulling you in a certain direction.
Feel free to repeat this meditation as often as you like to deepen your connection to your inner wisdom, and practice listening to your intuition.
Over to you – have you found your true calling? Share it with me in the comments below!
Access your FREE guided meditations now
Subscribe to my newsletter & get unlimited access to my entire meditation library!