BSc (Hons) MSc MBPsS Ad Cert CNS
Yogini & meditation teacher
Want less stress and more bliss? You’re so in the right place.
This is my soul space to share everything I’ve learned (and continue to learn) about how to melt stress, honour our body’s wisdom, and awaken our personal power.
Where you’re at
If any of the following apply to you:
- Your current lifestyle is totally stressful, and you never have enough time
- You feel dissatisfied, unfulfilled, and like something’s missing
- You don’t feel comfortable in your own skin, and you hate what you see in the mirror
- Each day feels like you’re just going through the motions – there’s no passion, excitement, or adventure
- You spend way too much time worrying what other people think about you
- You’re fed up of trying to be “perfect”, or living up to other people’s expectations
…I’ve got you. I’ve been there.
Here’s the thing. We only have one life.
It’s our duty to live it to the fullest, and to find what truly lights us up.
But if you’re not really living right now, you’re not alone.
And there’s still hope.
I’m here to teach you what I’ve learned, support you on your own journey, and (hopefully) share the solutions you’ve been craving.
Where you want to be
Imagine how would it feel to…
- Feel totally at peace with yourself, and manage stress, anxiety, and low mood with ease
- Be so confident in who you really are that you’re 100% comfortable in your own skin
- Have laser-focused concentration and regularly experience that juicy ‘flow’ state
- Connect to your soul’s unique purpose and start chasing your dreams – no matter how crazy or impossible they might seem
- Know how to manifest absolutely everything you desire, so you can relax and enjoy your life whilst doing work you love
- Feel so joyful and fulfilled that all your relationships become deep, delicious, and basically drama-free
- Know you can cope with absolutely anything life throws at you
I know this is possible, because I’m living it.
And if I can do it, anyone can. Life doesn’t have to be so hard, I promise.
A little more about me
Despite my academic training (yawn), I’m so not your average psychologist.
I burn sage, own a gazillion crystals, meditate daily, and practice yoga… I sometimes even chant, when the mood strikes.
Hey – Mama Sams told me it’s okay to be different.
And although I’m pretty chilled nowadays, I used to be the most anxious, perfectionistic, highly-strung overachiever you’ve ever met.
I was always stressed out.
I cared so much about what others thought of me. I’d do anything for anyone, never said “no” to a favour, and lived my life for others… but completely failed to look after myself in any way.
Cue: nervous breakdown.
Climbing out of my rock bottom
I suffered from crippling anxiety, panic disorder, and extreme levels of stress for almost two decades.
You’d never think it to look at me – I used to put on an exhausting “happy” façade to try and convince myself (and everyone else) that I was totally fine.
But underneath it all, my soul was crumbling to pieces.
There was always something to worry about – so I spent 100% of my time doing exactly that.
I started practicing mindfulness, meditation, and yoga out of desperation.
Nothing else was working, and my therapist thought it might help. I was in a seriously dire mental health situation.
It was my last resort.
And it changed my entire life.
We’re our own healers
Living more mindfully has totally rocked my world. Once I had the roadmap, life became beautiful (rather than ridiculously hard).
Since I began my own journey, I’ve:
- Got into the best shape of my life – lost 25kg, actually started to enjoy working out, and began nourishing my body with healthy food
- Cut all negative people, activities, and habits out of my life, fo’ good (including overeating, smoking, coffee, and alcohol)
- Completely recovered from my anxiety and panic disorder
- Travelled long-term (solo) around the globe, become super self-confident, and able to express my true authentic self
- Found the love of my life (and the best mindful lovin’ I’ve ever had, thank you very much)
- Reconnected to my passions for writing, art, dance and play, and started making these a priority in my life
- Met amazing new people who I truly connect with, and all of my relationships have improved
- Started sleeping way better, and have more natural energy than ever before
- Become a teacher and a coach to pass on my knowledge
- Started this blog, and been published on huge sites I’d been reading for years (including TinyBuddha)
… and I put all of this down to my continuous personal and spiritual development.Bottom line: I waited until I hit my breaking point before making the changes I knew I needed to, and starting to take care of myself.Don’t be like me!Start where you are, right now. It’s never too late to begin.
When I think about the changes I’ve made, the “past me” wouldn’t have believed any of this was possible.
There was a point in my life when I felt like I would never live the life I truly wanted – that it would always be a struggle, so I might as well settle for what I can get.
But the truth is, we can transform our lives at any time.
Make today the day you decide.
Who am I to teach this stuff?
Practicing mindfulness and working on my spiritual growth has helped me to bring pleasure, passion, and purpose into my life in such a beautiful way. I’m a completely different person to the nervous wreck I was 5 years ago.
I know, for sure, that it’s possible to radically change our lives, in a relatively short space of time.
On a professional level, I have a Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in psychology, and I’m trained in Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy. On a personal level, I’m committed to learning as much as I can about personal development, mindfulness, yoga, spirituality, and any other discipline that has the potential to improve well-being.
This beautiful mish-mash has helped form incredible (and unique) techniques, strategies and resources to help you reach your optimal potential as a human.And if you wanna connect with me, I mostly hang out in my email community!