BSc (Hons) MSc MBPsS Ad Cert CNS
Therapeutic Hatha Yoga Teacher, Breathwork Facilitator & Mindfulness Trainer
First up – if you want free yoga, meditation & breathwork classes, join my Facebook group here.
Wanna feel less stressed and more peaceful, grounded, and alive?
You’re so in the right place.
This corner of the internet is my soul space to share everything I’ve learned (and continue to learn) about how to melt stress, honour our body’s wisdom, and awaken our personal power.
Yoga for every body
I need you to know – mi casa es su casa. My home is your home.
My online classes are open to all levels. No prerequisites or fancy equipment necessary. All you need is an open mind, an open heart, and air to breathe.
Come as you are. Relax with me. You got this.
If you’re a beginner, my aim is to have you finish the class wondering why the heck you waited so long to get into yoga (and if you’re a pro, my aim is to help you fall in love all over again, in each and every class).
Caution: we get into *all* the woo-woo in my classes. Embrace the woo. Enjoy the woo. Love the woo.
Here’s what you can expect from my classes:
- Super mindful yoga flows, with a huge focus on being present in the body
- Breathwork to ground, soothe, and reset your nervous system
- Mantra meditation to calm your busy mind
- Dynamic movement meditations to get your energy flowing
- Deep relaxation and guided yoga nidra (yogic sleep) meditation at the end of each class
- The occasional (blissful) guided self-massage using coconut oil. Pure heaven
- High vibes, positive energy, and plenty of hugs for your soul
If you’re looking to get into yoga as a physical, emotional, and spiritual growth tool, I’m your gal.
Come and join the party!
Yoga keeps me sane
Confession time: I’m a naturally optimistic, positive, and high-spirited person.
So much so that an ex-colleague once called me a “human anti-depressant”. And my first yoga student said my class was like “a hug for their soul” (still the best compliment ever, hence why I use it in all my class descriptions).
What can I say? I have a gift for the uplift.
Sharing yoga with you is my absolute favourite way to pay this gift forward.
But… it wasn’t always like this.
In fact, yoga saved my ass (and my life).
I used to be the most anxious, perfectionistic, highly-strung overachiever you’ve ever met.
I was always stressed out.
I cared so much about what others thought of me. I’d do anything for anyone, never said “no” to a favour, and lived my life for others… but completely failed to look after myself in any way.
Cue: nervous breakdown.
Climbing out of my rock bottom
I suffered from crippling anxiety, panic disorder, and extreme levels of stress for almost two decades.
You’d never think it to look at me – I used to put on an exhausting “happy” façade to try and convince myself (and everyone else) that I was totally fine.
But underneath it all, my soul was crumbling to pieces.
There was always something to worry about – so I spent 100% of my time doing exactly that.
I started practicing yoga out of desperation.
Nothing else was working, and my therapist thought it might help. I was in a seriously dire situation.
It was my last resort.
And it changed my entire life.
You are your own healer
Your body is your greatest teacher. And you, my friend, are your own master.
Think of me as your soul guide; I’m not here to tell you what to do.
I’m here to help you come home to yourself.
Discovering yoga totally rocked my world. It helped me tune into my own ‘inner guidance system’, and life became beautiful (rather than ridiculously hard).
Since I began my own journey, I’ve:
- Got into the best shape of my life – lost 30kg, actually started to enjoy working out, and began nourishing my body with healthy food
- Cut all negative people, activities, and habits out of my life, fo’ good (including overeating, smoking, coffee, and alcohol)
- Completely recovered from my anxiety and panic disorder
- Travelled long-term (solo) around the globe, become super self-confident, and able to express my true authentic self
- Found the love of my life (and the best mindful lovin’ I’ve ever had, thank you very much)
- Reconnected to my passions for writing, art, dance and play, and started making these a priority in my life
- Met amazing new people who I truly connect with, and all of my relationships have improved
- Started sleeping way better, and have more natural energy than ever before
- Become a teacher and a coach to pass on my knowledge
- Started this blog, and been published on huge sites I’d been reading for years (including TinyBuddha)
… and I put all of this down to my daily yoga practice.
If yoga is calling to you, start right where you are, with what you have.
It’s never too late to begin.
Namaste – see you on the mat!