BSc (Hons) MSc MBPsS Ad Cert CNS
Writer, mindfulness meditation teacher, hardcore yogi & wellness warrior
Want to stress less and live more? You’re in the right place, my friend.
Let me show you how relaxing and slowing down can actually increase your results (as well as your overall well-being).
This here’s my soul space to share everything I’ve learned (and continue to learn) about happiness, mental health, self-care, minimalism, spirituality and all things wellness.
As a trained mindfulness meditation teacher and yogi, I’m super passionate about anything that helps us humans live better and look after the planet we call home 💜
If any of the following apply to you:
- You feel stressed, burnt out, and overwhelmed most of the time
- You feel dissatisfied and unfulfilled by your life
- It’s like you’re just going through the motions
- You’re way too busy and never have enough time for everything
- There’s a nagging feeling inside that something’s missing
- You feel guilty for your dissatisfaction – because you know you have tons to be grateful for
- You have no idea what your purpose for being on this planet is
- You’re afraid to express your true authentic self…
- …OR you feel totally lost and have no idea who you are or what you want
…I’ve got you, man. I’ve been there.
Here’s the thing. You have one life.
It’s your duty to live it to the fullest, and to find what’s gonna light you up.
If you’re not really living right now, I’m here to teach you what I’ve learned, support you on your own journey, and (hopefully) share the solutions you’ve been craving.
What I can do for you
How would it feel…
- To reignite your zest for life, and feel so excited to wake up and do what you love every day?
- To have laser-focused concentration, keep your energy high & unleash that juicy ‘flow’ state?
- To know how to manifest absolutely everything you desire, so you can relax and enjoy your life?
- To know exactly how to manage stress, anxiety, low mood and burnout with ease?
- To be so confident in who you really are that you’re 100% comfortable in your own skin?
- To feel so joyful and fulfilled that all your relationships become basically drama-free?
- To know that when problems do arise in your life, you have the strategies you need to quickly move towards a solution?
If that sounds good to you, I’m your gal!
Life doesn’t have to be so hard, I promise. 💖
A little about me
Despite my academic training, I’m so not your average psychologist. I burn incense, own crystals, meditate daily, practice yoga… I sometimes even chant, when the mood strikes.
Hey – Mama Sams told me it’s okay to be a little different 😀
Although I’m pretty chilled now, I used to be the most highly-strung, perfectionistic, anxious overachiever you’ve ever encountered. I was always stressed out, burnt out, and totally overwhelmed.
I cared so much about what others thought of me. I’d do anything for anyone, never said “no” to a favour… but completely failed to look after myself in any way.
Cue: nervous breakdown.
Climbing out of my rock bottom
I suffered from crippling anxiety, panic disorder, and ridiculous levels of stress for years. You’d never think it to look at me – I used to put on an exhausting “happy” façade to try and convince myself (and everyone else) that I was totally fine.
But underneath it all, my soul was crumbling to pieces. I constantly felt like I couldn’t breathe. There was always something to worry about – so I spent 100% of my time doing exactly that.
I started practicing mindfulness, meditation and yoga out of desperation. Nothing else was working, and my therapist thought it might help. I was in a seriously dire mental health situation, after a complete and utter meltdown.
It was my last resort.
And it changed my entire life.
Why mindfulness = pure awesomeness
Becoming more mindful rocked my world. I became much more aware of myself, the people around me, and the way I treat this planet I call home.
Since I began my own journey:
- I’ve got into the best shape of my life – and actually started to enjoy working out and nourishing my body with healthy food
- I’ve cut all negative people, activities, and habits out of my life, fo’ good (including overeating, smoking, coffee and alcohol)
- I’ve finally become super self-confident, and able to express my true authentic self
- I found the love of my life (and the best mindful sex I’ve ever had, thank you very much)
- I reconnected to my passions for writing, art, dance and play, and started making these a priority in my life
- I’ve met amazing new people who I truly connect with, and all of my relationships have improved
- I sleep way better, and have more natural energy than ever before (and I quit caffeine!)
- I know how to manage stress and anxiety effectively and efficiently
- I feel so happy and fulfilled, every single day
… and I put all of this down to my continuous personal and spiritual development.
Bottom line: I waited until I hit my breaking point before making the changes I knew I needed to, and starting to take care of myself.
Don’t be like me! 🙏
Start where you are, right now. It’s never too late to begin.
When I think about the changes I’ve made, the “past me” wouldn’t have believed any of this was possible. There was a point in my life when I felt like I would never live the life I truly wanted – that I would always be in struggle, so I might as well settle for what I can get.
But the truth is, you can transform your life at any time. Just decide.
Who am I to write about this stuff?
Practicing mindfulness and working on my spiritual growth has helped me to bring pleasure, passion, and purpose into my life in a beautiful way. I’m a completely different person to the nervous wreck I was 4 years ago. I know, for sure, that it’s possible to radically change our lives, in a relatively short space of time.
On a professional level, I have a Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in psychology, and I’m a certified life coach and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy teacher. On a personal level, I’m committed to learning as much as I can about personal development, mindfulness, yoga, spirituality, and any other discipline that has the potential to improve well-being.
This beautiful mish-mash has helped form incredible (and unique) techniques, strategies and resources to help you reach your optimal potential as a human.
If you want to connect with me, I mostly hang out in my email community.
Download your FREE stress melt meditation
Melt stress and increase focus in less than 5 minutes
PLUS get unlimited access to my entire meditation library and a free copy of my Unplug, Unwind & Recharge e-book for high performers!