Feeling anxious, stressed, or fearful? Effortlessly heal and balance your energy with this gorgeous root chakra meditation.
Ready to let go of fear?
When our root chakra – the energy centre located at the base of our spine – is balanced, we feel safe and secure in the world.
When it’s out of whack, we might feel anxious, stressed, and fearful.
Since the root chakra is the foundation for opening the other chakras, it’s super important for us to bring it into balance.
Let’s find out how.
Healing the root chakra
The root chakra is associated with the earth element, and with our basic needs in life; food, water, shelter, money, and safety.
When these needs are met, we feel grounded and safe.
When they’re not, we worry and experience stress.
To heal, we need to trust that we’re safe, and that the abundant universe will always provide us with everything we need.
We can also:
- Chant (the mantra of the root chakra is LAM)
- Try colour therapy (the colour associated with the root chakra is red)
- Use crystals (the crystals associated with the root chakra are red jasper, garnet, and black tourmaline, and bloodstone)
When I focus on healing my root chakra, I like to paint my nails red, and meditate using the technique below whilst holding a red jasper crystal.
Root chakra meditation practice
If you haven’t meditated before, check out The Ultimate Guide To Meditation For Beginners to get started.
In this practice, we’ll be grounding ourselves, connecting to our root chakra, and releasing fear.
This meditation helps us to notice whether we feel unsafe, and helps us to feel more calm, relaxed, and secure.
This practice is perfect for when we’re feeling anxious or stressed, particularly about our finances.
Here’s how to do it
Download the guided version of this meditation from my meditation library.
1. Sit in a comfortable position, set a timer for 5 minutes (or longer, if you like), and close your eyes or lower your gaze.
2. Settle in, and focus on your breath. Notice if there’s any fear, anxiety, or stress present. Consciously set the intention to let this go.
3. Place your hand at the base of your spine, in front of your body and slightly away from you. Connect to this energy centre by moving your hand in a clockwise motion seven times, then make a gesture to remove all that’s blocking you, as if you’re throwing bad energy in the trash. Repeat three times.
4. Visualise a ball of red light, in front of your root chakra. Imagine it entering your body at the base of your spine, and gently filling your body with peace and calm.
5. Affirm, “I am safe. I am at peace. All is well in my world”. Continue to affirm, and feel the glowing red light pulsing through your body, until your practice ends.
Bonus tip: repeat the affirmation throughout your day, especially when you notice negative thoughts arising.